When it comes time to sell your damaged or salvage car, you may find yourself searching for information about how much your second hand car could be worth. The answer is that the purchase price can vary widely, according to many factors that will be assessed by your salvage vehicle buyer.
At 1800 Salvage, we offer fast and competitive valuation on a wide range of second hand, damaged, and salvaged vehicles. Read on to find out how your salvage or damaged vehicle will be assessed for a purchase price offer.
The condition of your second hand or salvage car will be the biggest factor in its valuation price. The car buyer will assess the condition, status, and damage of your vehicle, as well as the odometer and car history.
Make and Model
The make and model of your salvage vehicle will greatly affect its purchase price. This is due to its availability and demand within the market. It is important to make sure you work with a salvage car buyer that purchases your brand of vehicle.
1800 Salvage purchases a wide range of makes and models. See a full list of the auto brands we buy here.
Selling for Parts
When the make, model, and condition of your car are assessed, your car buyer will also assess the market demand for the vehicle’s individual parts. We will assess which parts, if any, are usable, and the current supply and demand of these salvage vehicle parts.
The age of your vehicle has an impact on each of the above factors to be assessed, including the demand of the vehicle, the usability of its parts, and the market price for your car. Typically, newer models will receive the highest valuation prices.
Type of Vehicle
1800 Salvage purchases many types of vehicles including:
- Damaged and salvage cars
- Second hand vehicles
- Write off cars
- Project vehicles
- Classic cars
- Import vehicles
Each car buyer business will have a different method of conducting the vehicle valuation process. At 1800 Salvage, we offer a quick and convenient online valuation process that you can complete from the comfort of your own home.
Our process is as follows:
- Open our easy get a price form
- Tell us your registration number, registration status, and address of the vehicle
- Provide a description of the car’s condition (such as written off, damaged, mechanical damaged, abandoned, etc)
- Describe the make, model, year, and odometer information for your vehicle
- Upload photos of your salvage or second hand car, including all four corners of the vehicle, interior seating and dash, and any specific points of accident, damage, or scratches
- Our team of salvage vehicle experts will quickly be in touch with a competitive purchase price offer